Many facilities and services run by the Howard County Government will be closed for the July 4 Independence Holiday next Wednesday.
The county's offices, animal shelter, 50+ centers, and landfill will be closed. Trash, recycling, yard trim and food scrap pick-up will also be suspended. Find a complete list of closings below, or go to Howard County's website for a complete schedule.
County parks and the Roger Carter Community Center will be open, and the Regional Transportation Agency will operate on a Sunday schedule.
County offices will re-open during normal business hours Thursday, July 5.
Full closings list:
• County Government Offices
• Animal Shelter
• 50+ Centers
• Landfill and all trash and recycling services
• Cedar Lane and Schooley Mill Activity Rooms
• Gary J. Arthur and North Laurel Community Centers
• County Historic Sites
• Kiwanis-Wallas Hall
• Meadowbrook Athletic Center
• Robinson Nature Center