A gas explosion destroyed a home in Howard County. It happened Friday night in the 15000 block of Bushy Park Road in Woodbine. The homeowner called the fire department to report a gas leak and shortly after their arrival there was an explosion.
Two adults, three children, and dog were out of the house before it exploded and there were no injuries.
The fire caused by the explosion was quickly put out.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.
The Fire Marshal is working to determine the origin and cause of the explosion.
The damage to the home is estimated at $300,000.