Harford County Fire and EMS volunteers responded to a portable classroom on fire at Homestead-Wakefield Elementary School Sunday evening.
Crews were called to 900 South Main Street about a reported fire at 6:00 p.m. When firefighters arrived at the scene they were able to extinguish the fire within 10 minutes.
The Maryland State Fire Marshall says there was around $10,000 worth of damage to the trailer and the contents inside. The portable classroom is 24 by 32 feet.
Officials say the fire was started within the wiring of the Wall Mounted A/C unit. The classroom was used for storage purposes only.