NewsRegionHarford County

Actions

Popcorn machine catches fire in movie theater

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WMAR.png
Posted at 4:41 PM, Mar 13, 2018
and last updated 2018-03-13 16:41:21-04

A small fire inside a movie theater Tuesday, prompted an emergency response from local fire stations.

Just before 11:30 a.m., Fallston Volunteer Fire and Ambulance along with the Joppa - Magnolia Fire Company responded to the Horizon Cinemas located at 2315 Bel Air Road in Fallston.

Upon arrival, units discovered one of the buildings sprinkler systems activated after a popcorn machine caught fire.

No injuries  were reported according to Chief Dave Williams, of Fallston Volunteer Fire and Ambulance Company.