Homes on multiple Abingdon roads had to be evacuated on Wednesday after a natural gas leak was reported.
Hazmat crews were called to the scene to help check the houses on Coyote Court and Swift Run Court. People living on Costwold Court also had to shelter in place while crews were monitoring the air.
BGE was able to make a temporary fix to stop the leak before they were able to get equipment on the scene to make a permanent repair. The evacuation orders were soon lifted and people no longer had to shelter in place.