Man burned after using gas to set brush fire

Posted at 8:15 AM, May 24, 2016
and last updated 2016-05-24 08:15:22-04
FALLSTON, Md. (AP) - Fire officials say a Harford County man was severely burned when he used gasoline to fuel a brush pile fire.
The Office of the State Fire Marshal said in a news release that 45-year-old Robert Williams of Fallston used gasoline to ignite the fire. Officials say vapors ignited and caused a flash fire that burned Williams on his face, hands and arms.
Authorities say Williams was flown to the Johns Hopkins Burn Center in Baltimore. Officials say he was in stable condition with second- and third-degree burns.
The fire marshal's office says residents must never use gasoline to accelerate or assist in open air burning.

Download the ABC2 News app for the iPhone, Kindle and Android