Fire forces family from Aberdeen home days after moving in

Posted at 6:14 PM, Jul 20, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-21 06:45:13-04

A family is looking for a new home just days after moving in following an accidental fire at their Aberdeen home.

Officials say two 5-year-old boys were playing with a lighter near the porch of the home on Philadelphia Road in Aberdeen when two trash bags caught on fire.

The fire spread to the home, destroying it. A family dog and bird died in the fire.

The American Red Cross and Harford County Disaster Assistance are helping the family.

Download the ABC2 News app for the iPhone, Kindle and Android.