PERRYMAN, Md. (AP) - Authorities say a failure in an electrical extension cord sparked a fire that destroyed a mobile home in Harford County.
The State Fire Marshal's Office said in a news release that the fire was reported Monday afternoon in Perryman. Officials say the owner was across the street when a relative saw smoke coming from the home.
Firefighters say the owner and others tried to put out the blaze with a garden hose. Fifteen firefighters from the Aberdeen Fire Department put out the blaze in 20 minutes.
No one was hurt.
The Fire Marshal's Office says the home and its contents are a total loss. Damage is estimated at $10,000.