Actions

Dryer causes fire at Giovanni's Restaurant in Edgewood

Dryer causes fire at Giovanni's Restaurant in Edgewood
Posted at 12:40 PM, Feb 22, 2018
and last updated 2018-02-22 12:40:52-05

A dryer is to blame for a fire at Giovanni's Restaurant in Edgewood Thursday morning. 

Crews were called to 2101 Pulaski Highway around 3:00 in the morning after reports of a fire. When they got to the scene they saw minor smoke coming from the back of the building. 

Firefighters then discovered flames coming from the dryer, which was extinguished within 10 minutes. Crews say the fire was contained to just the dryer. 

$2,000 of damage was done to the structure and $5,000 worth of contents inside were damaged. 

It has not been reported when the restaurant will re-open.