Child injured by bite at Harford animal shelter

Posted at 8:05 AM, Apr 25, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-25 08:05:56-04

A child was seriously injured after getting bit by an animal at the Humane Society of Harford County over the weekend.

It happened shortly after 1 p.m. Saturday, according to the Harford County Volunteer Fire and EMS Association.

Emergency personnel from the Fallston Volunteer Fire and Ambulance Company were called to the Humane Society in the 2200 block of Connolly Road to treat a pediatric patient suffering from an animal bite.

The patient sustained serious, but not life-threatening injuries and was flown by medevac to a regional trauma, according to the fire and EMS association.

Download the ABC2 News app for the iPhone, Kindle and Android.