HAVRE DE GRACE, Md. — A police officer is evaluated for minor smoke inhalation following a Harford County house fire.
On Tuesday, at around 12:40 p.m., officers arrived to the 400 block of Battery Drive in Havre de Grace for a structure fire. When they arrived to the two-story townhouse, they discovered that the fire started in the second floor rear bedroom.
Firefights got the fire under control in 10 minutes and, after a preliminary investigation, found out that a juvenile started the fire by playing with a lighter.
Two adults, six children and one dog was displaced as a result of the fire. Two adults that live next door were also displaced as a result of the fire.
According to the Office of the State Fire Marshal, a responding police officer was transported for an evaluation due to minor smoke inhalation.