A fire that killed three people, including a 5-month-old, in Crisfield over the weekend was ruled accidental, according to the state Fire Marshal's Office.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner Jennifer L. Cooper, 44, Angelina N. Pinkston, 16, Kaiden A. Pace, five months, all died of smoke inhalation and thermal injuries.
The fire happened in the 26000 block of Johnson Creek Road in Crisfield Saturday morning.
Officials said the fire originated in the living room on the first floor of the house, due to an electrical system malfunction.
About 50 firefighters from Crisfield and mutual aid departments worked about 90 minutes to bring the fire under control. The damage was estimated to be around $80,000.
The home had no smoke alarms, the State Fire Marshal’s Office said.