Woman starts fire, burned after smoking on home oxygen
3:38 PM, Jan 21, 2018
3:57 PM, Jan 21, 2018
WESTMINSTER, Md. -
A fire began in a Westminster apartment after a woman was smoking while on home oxygen. Crews from the Westminster Fire Department responded to the fire just after 9 a.m. Saturday to the apartment at 345 Pleasanton Rd.
According to a press release from the State Fire Marshal, 19 firefighters responded and were able to put the fire out in ten minutes. The woman was burned on her hands and face and was flown to the Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center by Maryland State Police.
The estimated loss of the structure is $1,000 and the contents at $1,000.