News

Actions

Mount Airy home catches fire after reports of candle falling on mattress

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WMAR.png
Posted at 6:59 AM, Sep 08, 2017
and last updated 2017-09-08 06:59:10-04

Route 27 is closed at Penn Shop Road due to a house fire in Mount Airy. 

Fire officials say they heard reports of a candle falling on a mattress, causing the house to catch fire.

One person has been transported to the hospital. ABC2 News does not know the extent of their injuries or if anyone else lived in the home. 

ABC2 News is also trying to find out the extent of the damage to the home.