Man loses ring finger in Roman candle malfunction

Posted at 11:38 AM, Jul 05, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-05 11:38:16-04
A man lost his right ring finger when a Roman candle malfunctioned, the Maryland Office of the State Fire Marshal said. 
The office said the incident happened around 9:30 p.m. Sunday. Matthew Dominic was using a Roman candle when it malfunctioned and detonated, amputating his right ring finger from the knuckle up. 
The number of fireworks-related injuries around the Fourth of July every year have prompted fire safety officials to warn residents to leave fireworks and other explosives to the professionals. 

Download the ABC2 News app for the iPhone, Kindle and Android.