News

Actions

Family pets die in house fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WMAR.png
Posted at 10:37 PM, Jun 19, 2017
and last updated 2017-06-19 22:37:38-04

Several family pets died in a two-story house fire Saturday afternoon.

Fire officials said the fire started in the laundry room of the Hampstead home around 3:45 p.m.

It took 30 firefighters from the Hampstead Volunteer Fire Company about 25 minutes to control the blaze.

Multiple pets were killed in the fire, which caused $60,000 worth of damage to the home.

The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.