News

Actions

Exploding A/C unit causes Westminster fire

WMAR-Web_Promo_Image_960x720.png
Posted at 2:36 PM, May 21, 2016
and last updated 2016-05-21 14:50:53-04

An exploding air conditioning unit caused a 2-alarm fire in Westminster Friday night, according to the office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal. 

80 firefighters responded to the two-story townhouse and were able to extinguish the fire in an hour.

The owner of the house and a neighbor attempted to put the fire out using a garden hose but had no luck. The fire is estimated to have caused $500,000 worth of damaged, including damages to the surrounding units.

The owner and his wife were displaced due to the fire.