WESTMINSTER, Md. — A Carroll County elementary school had to be evacuated on Wednesday after a small fire broke out in the faculty lounge.
Carroll County Public Schools confirmed with WMAR-2 News the fire ignited at Sandymount Elementary School. They say because of the fumes, school officials were told not to reopen and to move the students to a nearby school in the meantime.
All faculty and students were moved to Shiloh Middle School.
Officials say they are not sure when the fire broke out at this time or what caused it.