NewsRegionCarroll County


Dryer fire damages Carroll County home

Dryer fire damages Carroll County home
Posted at 2:48 PM, Dec 18, 2017
and last updated 2017-12-18 14:48:59-05

The American Red Cross is helping a Carroll County family after a fire this morning.

Firefighters were called out to a home on Stacy Lee Drive in Westminster around 9:44 Monday morning. 

The owner of the home discovered a fire in the basement laundry room.

Crews put out the fire, which preliminarily was started in the dryer, in about 30 minutes, but the fire did cause over $20,000 in damage.

Thankfully there were working smoke detectors and everyone got out safely.