Election Day (Nov. 6) and Veterans Day (Nov. 12) will prompt the closure of many Calvert County services and government offices, the Board of County Commissioners announced Monday.
An original announcement stated public transit would not operate on Election Day, though that has been amended to retain full service so that voters can get to the polls.
On top of county offices being closed, the following will also be shuttered or have no service Nov. 6 and Nov. 12:
- The three county senior centers will be closed. Meals on Wheels will not be delivered those days.
- Kings Landing Park will be closed
- Flag Ponds Nature Park will be closed
- Mt. Hope, Southern, Harriet E. Brown, North Beach and Northeast community centers will be closed both days.
A handful of county entities will still avail themselves to the public on Election Day and Veterans Day, including:
- Calvert Library locations will be open with normal business hours.
- The Appeal Landfill and county convenience centers will be open with normal business hours.
- Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will be open with normal hours of operation.
- Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will be open with normal business hours.
- The Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center will be open with normal operating hours.
- Calvert Marine Museum will be open.