BALTIMORE — The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to warn motorists about the road closures and parking restrictions that will be in effect for the Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine parade.
The parade, which will start at 6:30 p.m. on August 21, begins at the intersection of Market Place and Pratt Street and, from there, participants will proceed west on Pratt Street and finish at the intersection of Sharp Street. The parade is expected to last about three hours.
In preparation for the event, the following streets will be closed on August 21 with detours in effect:
- Pratt Street between President Street and Market Place will close at 5 p.m.
- Market Place between Pratt and Lombard Streets will close at 5 p.m.
- Pratt Street between Market Place and Sharp Streets will close at 6:20 p.m.
- Hopkins Place between Pratt and Lombard Streets will close at 6:20 p.m.
- Sharp Street between Pratt and Conway Streets will close at 6:20 p.m.
- North side (left lane) of Pratt Street between Charles and Light Streets will close at 9 a.m.
In addition to the previous list, from 3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., the following parking restrictions will be implemented on August 21:
- Market Place between Pratt and Lombard Streets
- Hopkins Place between Pratt and Lombard Streets
- Sharp Street between Pratt and Conway Streets
Motorists should expect delays and are encouraged to use alternate routes.