BALTIMORE — The Baltimore City Department of Transportation is advising drivers that there will be temporary road closures in Canton and Fells Point this weekend.
Starting on Friday, July 10, 2020 and continuing daily through Sunday, July 12, 2020, the following roadways will be closed in Canton from 12:00 noon to 10:00 p.m. with parking restrictions in effect:
• O’Donnell Street (both the east and west sides) between Linwood and Potomac Streets
• Curley Street from O’Donnell Street east and west to the alleyways
Curb lane closures will also be implemented along the following roadways during these times:
• Linwood Street between O’Donnell and Elliot Streets
• Linwood Street between O’Donnell and Dillon Streets
• Potomac Street between O’Donnell and Dillon Streets
Canton visitors and residents should pay close attention to all posted parking restrictions and avoid parking in restricted areas.
Starting on Thursday, July 9, 2020 and continuing through Monday, September 7, 2020 the following roadways will be closed to through traffic in Fells Point:
• Thames Street from the southbound lane of Broadway to the west side of The Pendry
• Northbound lane of S. Broadway between Thames and Lancaster Streets
In addition, various parking restrictions will be implemented along Thames Street, Broadway and other areas of Fells Point starting on Thursday, July 9, 2020.
Visitors and residents should pay close attention to all posted parking restrictions and avoid parking in restricted areas. Residential Permit Parking (RPP) will be strictly enforced throughout the weekend in Fells Point (RPP Area 16) and vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed.
Fells Point Residential Permit Parking in Area 16 will be enforced along the following roadways:
• Aliceanna Street • Broadway
• Fleet Street • Shakespeare Street
• Ann Street • Thames Street
• Lancaster Street • Dallas Street
• Bethel Street • Wolfe Street
• Register Street • Durham Street
• Bond Street • Fell Street
A passenger loading zone will be established in the 800 block of S. Broadway (southbound) north of Shakespeare Street to allow for customer order pick-ups and delivery vehicles.
Local access will be maintained for authorized vehicles such as refuse and delivery trucks, Zip Cars, etc. In addition, parking will be allowed along the 800 block of S. Broadway each Saturday from 5:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for Fells Point Farmers Market vendors.
Motorists traveling in these areas should be on the watch for changing traffic patterns and are encouraged to use alternate routes.