The time to get ready for Hurricane Florence in the state of Maryland was ten minutes ago.
On Monday Governor Larry Hogan declared a state of Emergency and as the storm approaches, you need to prepare for the worst.
You’ll want to collect at least three days of supplies:
- One gallon of water per person per day
- Nonperishable food and a non-electric can opener
- A flashlight with plenty of extra batteries in the event you lose power
- Picking up a battery-powered radio will keep you informed even if the cable or power goes out
- A first aid kit could be a lifesaver if you can’t get to a hospital or doctor for any reason
- Restock any medications you or your loved ones may need.
Your pets are going to need some food and water too, so plan for at least three days of supplies for them too.
A folder that has your families’ important documents like birth certificates and picture ID’s if you need to pick up and go.