News

Actions

Parents charged after 2-year-old dies from ingesting methadone

Posted at 2:50 PM, Sep 07, 2016
and last updated 2016-09-07 17:39:28-04

The parents of a 2-year-old girl were charged with manslaughter after the toddler died from ingesting methadone, according to Baltimore City Police.

On Aug. 13 at 6 a.m., officers responded to the University of Maryland's Pediatrics Unit for reports of an unconscious and unresponsive baby.

Officers arrived to find doctors attempting to resuscitate 2-year-old Korri Thompson. The child was revived and taken to the Intensive Care Unit where she later died on August 24.

Homicide detectives investigating the case discovered that Korri Thompson had ingested methadone, causing her system to fail.

Her parents, Alvin Thompson and Sinead McNair, both 25 and of the unit block of Exeter Street, were arrested and charged with manslaughter.

Police said Thompson is being held without bail, while McNair has been given a bail of $250,000.

Download the ABC2 News app for the iPhone , Kindle andAndroid .