Two Baltimore families have been displaced due to a house fire Thursday afternoon.
City firefighters saw flames shooting from the rear of the first and second floors when they responded to the 3300 block of West North avenue.
Two people inside the home managed to escape to the roof where firefighters were able to rescue them.
Fire crews were able to extinguish the fire in minutes but not before the fire caused $30,000 in damages, according to the City Fire Department.
No injuries were reported.
Fire officials determined the fire was started by a pot of food cooking on a stove.