Mayor-elect Catherine Pugh announced the members of her transition team Wednesday.
Pugh addressed members of the media at Sarah's Hope in Baltimore, a family shelter in Sandtown-Winchester.
“I really want to be about neighborhoods and communities, and we want to create communities in our city. Not just housing, but communities," Pugh said.
Places like Sarah's Hope "really do give our families in Baltimore a leg up," she said.
Members of Pugh's transition team include:
- Diane Bell McCoy – President and CEO, Associated Black Charities
- Stephen Burch, Esq. – Chair, University of Maryland Medical Systems Board of Directors
- Calvin Butler – Chief Executive Officer, Baltimore Gas & Electric
- Keenen Geter – Founder and director, Young Men with Power
- Rachel Monroe – President and CEO, The Weinberg Foundation
- Chuck Tildon – Vice president, United Way of Maryland
Pugh's transition committee chairs and vice chairs are:
Education and Youth Development
Stacey Ulrich - Chair
Scot Spencer - Vice Chair
Ellen Janes - Chair
Maria Tildon - Vice Chair
Economic and Employment Development
Bill McCarthy - Chair
Don Halligan - Chair
Michelle Whelley - Vice Chair
Ken Thompson - Chair
Dr. Tyrone Powers - Vice Chair
Shina Parker – Vice Chair
Agency Review Committee Chairs:
Alex Coleman, Owner, ACC Development
Phil Lee, Associate, Moffatt and Nichol
Baltimore Development Corporation:
JP Grant, Founder, President and CEO, Grant Capital Management