BALTIMORE (WMAR) — A firefighter is hospitalized while battling flames in the basement of a Baltimore home.
The incident happened on Sunday afternoon at 3808 Norfolk Avenue.
Officials say there was initially a gas leak reported in the basement of the home. A firefighter who responded to the scene became exposed and began experiencing symptoms of smoke inhalation.
The firefighter was transported to Johns Hopkins Bayview Hospital, and is expected to survive.
All occupants inside the residence evacuated safely. According to the fire department, no one was displaced.