Coast Guard crew members saved a woman who was unconscious from carbon monoxide poisoning.
A man radioed a response boat crew Sunday evening around 5:30 p.m. to report that he and another passenger were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. At the time of the call for help, he also notified them that the passenger was unconscious.
Crews arrived at the scene and immediately transported the woman to their Coast Guard boat to perform CPR. Luckily, she regained consciousness and both passengers were sent to the Georgetown Waterfront to be assisted by EMS crews.
"It feels great knowing that I possibly saved a persons life," said Petty Officer 2nd Class Chris Page, boarding officer, who performed the CPR. "My training just kicked in automatically, and I am happy I could help."
The passengers were later taken to George Washington Hospital for treatment.