Parents and children will have a chance for some hands on learning and fun, thanks to Mr. Potato Head, when Port Discovery hosts "Taters for Tots Day," Oct. 20, the museum said.
From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., participates can enjoy Mr. Potato Head-themed activities, like making a digital clock that runs on a real potato for power, or using using their skills during an interactive tour and program about Ancient Egypt.
- Enhance your sense of touch and explore the wonders held within potato flakes at the Potato Flake Garden Bed!
- Take home your own masterpiece using patterns and symbols found along your adventure with MR. POTATO HEAD® at Pop Up Art: Safari Mosaics!
- Find out where your favorite spud-venturer has gone at Where in the World is MR. POTATO HEAD®?
- Join in on a classic story time that will spark your little one’s imagination and love for stories at Circle Time!
- Think potatoes are only good for chips and French fries? Think again! Create a digital clock or alarm that runs off of pure potato power at MR. POTATO HEAD® Clocks!
- Challenge all five of your senses at Did You Feel That? STEM Station!
- Explore the ancient Egyptian world and decode hieroglyphics while searching for the mummy’s treasure at Adventure Expeditions: Archeologists of the Future!
- Challenge your best spud to a game of I Spy at STEM Station: I Spy Tumblers!
Admission to the exhibition is free with the purchase of museum admission. More information can be found on Port Discovery's website.