NewsRegionBaltimore City

Actions

106-year-old man dies after being hurt in Baltimore house fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WMAR.png
Posted at 8:00 AM, Nov 10, 2017
and last updated 2017-11-10 08:00:28-05

Authorities say a 106-year-old man has died of injuries suffered in a fire in his Baltimore home. 

Fire department officials tell local media that Lloyd Taylor was injured Sunday in a fire in his home near Coppin State University. He suffered second-degree burns to his hands, arms, and chest, and was taken to a hospital. 

Authorities say Taylor died Wednesday from respiratory failure caused by smoke inhalation. 

Officials say the blaze was caused by cooking.