Bennett's Curse, a popular haunted attraction in Baltimore that draws visitors from all over the country, will remained closed this season.
Sam Johnson, a spokesman for the Baltimore City Fire Department, said Tuesday the Baltimore City Fire Marshal's Office has decided the haunted house won't be allowed to reopen.
Bennett's Curse was supposed to open by Sept. 21, but the Fire Marshal's Office said no because the house didn't have a sprinkler system.
Co-owner Jill Bennett told ABC2 News last week that the haunted house operated without a sprinkler system last year, and she and her husband, Allan, were working with state officials to relocate before this Halloween season.
But they weren’t unable to find a new place.
More than 1,100 people have signed a petition calling on city officials to let Bennett's Curse open.