NewsRegionBaltimore City


Baltimore heroin dealer sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for distribution

Posted at 6:20 PM, Sep 05, 2019
and last updated 2019-09-05 18:20:24-04

BALTIMORE — A 25-year-old man has been sentenced to 10 years in federal prison followed by three years of supervised release for the distribution of heroin.

Coron Demon Johnson admitted that an individual died as a result of using heroin that he distributed.

“Heroin dealers are selling death and despair and more people die of heroin overdoses than murder in Maryland,” said U.S. Attorney Robert K. Hur. “Federal, state, and local law enforcement are working together to hold drug dealers responsible for the deaths they cause. As a result, Coron Johnson will now spend 10 years in federal prison, where there is no parole—ever.”

According to his plea agreement, in August 2017, Johnson sold heroin to a person in Annapolis who returned home in Bowie and was found dead due to a heroin intoxication.

Law enforcement officers took possession of the victim’s phone following the fatal overdose. A short time later, Johnson texted the phone, asking if the victim was “coming get some this fire today.”

A law enforcement officer, posing as the victim, responded to Johnson. Johnson, via text, arranged to meet the law enforcement officer, posing as the victim, in Bowie, in order to sell the victim $139 worth of heroin. The plea agreement continued, stating that Law enforcement officers initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle where Johnson was in the passenger seat and three other people were also in the vehicle, including two minor children.

Johnson had white powder residue on his pants when he got out of the vehicle.

Law enforcement recovered a paper fold with powder residue from the floorboard of the passenger side of the car where Johnson had been sitting. Johnson was also in possession of the cell phone used to text the victim’s phone.

Johnson admitted to law enforcement that he primarily distributes heroin in the Newtowne-20 section of Annapolis and admited he sold the victim heroin in Annapolis the day prior.