BALTIMORE — The Baltimore City Department of Public Works has announced the completion of the Less Waste, Better Baltimore Plan.
This plan outlines a vision for improving the City’s solid waste management and recycling operations.
“In this plan, DPW provides a solid roadmap for near- and long-term strategies to maximize waste reduction and diversion while meeting sustainable operational and financial conditions,” Acting Director Garbark said.
The Less Waste, Better Baltimore operations plan provides a roadmap for:
- Reducing food waste,
- Increasing composting across the residential and commercial sectors,
- Expanding access to recycling,
- Maximizing reuse and diversion of construction waste,
- Providing increased options for recycling and reuse of bulky waste items such as mattresses, carpets, and broken furniture, and
- Upgrading the range of recycling services available at DPW’s residents’ drop-off convenience centers.