A campaign to end animal cruelty has paired law enforcement and their furry friends in a calendar shoot.
The National Sheriffs' Association teamed up with Show Your Soft Side, a campaign to end animal cruelty, to produce the 2019 "Softie Cops" calendar, with proceeds from sales going towards the anti-cruelty campaign.
“We have varied from our usual celebrity-studded calendar to honor law enforcement heroes around the country who have distinguished themselves in the field of animal protection,” said Caroline Griffin, co-founder of Show Your Soft Side. “This calendar is an opportunity to salute the officers who diligently work to shield animals from violence and harm and we hope this will inspire others to follow their lead.”
The calendar images were shot by Leo Howard Lubow and Virgil Ocampo, featuring police personnel from across the country.
Of the 17 law enforcement officers highlighted in the campaign, five have local ties:
- Officer Kelly Steinhorn of Baltimore Police Department
- Sgt. Hillary Wheeler of Baltimore Police Department
- Detective Matthew Pow of Baltimore Police Department
- Detective Sgt. Kimberly DeFelice of Baltimore County Police Department
- Humane Law Enforcement Officer Stephon Daniels of Humane Rescue Alliance, Washington D.C.