More asbestos has been found in the area of Eutaw Street near Pratt and Light streets where a steam exploded last week.
RELATED: 5 injured in steam pipe explosion
An official with the Department of the Environment (MDE) discovered material from the explosion on the exterior wall of the Holiday Inn was contaminated with asbestos. MDE said not all of the asbestos can be removed because of the wall's surface, so the wall will be covered up.
Thirty-three cars impacted by the explosion were cleaned and cleared of the mineral before they were given back to their owners. The air and soil nearby was tested and no asbestos was found.
See also: Road closed after steam pipe explosion
The cause of the blast is still unclear. Eutaw Street is still closed and repairs could continue for a few more weeks.