NewsRegionBaltimore City

Actions

106-year-old man dies days after accidental cooking fire in Baltimore

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WMAR.png
Posted at 12:36 PM, Nov 09, 2017
and last updated 2017-11-09 12:36:53-05

A 106-year-old man died in the hospital days after he was burned in a house fire. 

Baltimore City Fire says they responded to the 1500 block of Moreland Avenue on Sunday, November 5, just before 8:30 a.m. When they got to the house they saw smoke showing from the second floor, and fire showing from the back of the first floor. 

Officials say the 106-year-old man who lived in the home, Lloyd Taylor, suffered second-degree burns to his hands, arms, and chest. He was transferred to the hospital in stable condition. 

On November 8, Taylor died at the hospital from respiratory failure due to smoke inhalation. 

The Baltimore City Fire Department says the fire started in the kitchen and was considered an accidental cooking fire.