Space heater causes sailboat fire

Posted at 9:04 PM, Dec 01, 2016
and last updated 2016-12-01 23:19:43-05

Anne Arundel County firefighters battled a blaze on a sailboat docked at Holiday Hill Marina Thursday night.

Fire officials responded to 3912 Calawasse Road just before 7:40 p.m for a report of a fire. When crews arrived they found a 30-foot sailboat on fire in a private slip at the Holiday Hill Marina. 

No one was injured in the fire.

Authorities said the fire was accidental, caused by a space heater.