The Maryland 2,000 Saving Lives Across Maryland adoption event will run from July 1 through July 31.
Animal control hopes to find homes for at least 2,000 cats by waiving all adoption fees for cats and kittens at 17 participating shelters in Maryland throughout July.
The following shelters are participating:
- Animal Welfare League of Queen Anne’s County
- Anne Arundel County Animal Control
- Baltimore County Animal Services
- Baltimore County Humane Society
- Caroline County Humane Society
- Cecil County Animal Services
- City of College Park Animal Control
- Frederick County Div. of Animal Control & Pet Adoption
- Howard County Animal Control & Adoption Center
- Humane Society of Carroll County
- Humane Society of Harford County
- Humane Society of Washington County
- Maryland SPCA
- Talbot Humane Society
- Tri County Animal Shelter
- Prince George's County Animal Services Division
There is more information about Maryland 2,000 on the Maryland SPCA website.