ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY — In preparation for the opening of its buildings on July 6, officials from the Anne Arundel County Public Library explained how service will differ under current public health and operational restrictions.
Additionally, the new Michael E. Busch Annapolis Library is set to open on Wednesday, July 22 at 11 am.
Limited services through September 5 include:
• new hours: Monday - Thursday 10 am – 7 pm, Friday- Saturday 10 am – 5 pm;
• new curbside pickup hours: Monday - Thursday 3 – 6 pm, Friday and Saturday, 10 am – noon;
• masks required for staff and customers, free masks available for the public while supplies last;
• limited number of customers allowed in buildings, based on guidance from public health officials;
• limited in person computer assistance, customers may have to make an appointment for more assistance;
• reduced number of public computers available for use, customers are limited to two hours per day;=
• limited seating available in the branch;
• no meeting rooms or conference rooms use;
• no in person programs
• cash payments discouraged, credit card payments preferred;
• toys removed from children’s areas;
• no print newspapers available;
• magazines only available for checkout;
• Odenton Library Creation Station and Computer Lab closed;
• limited study room availability;
• no seven day book checkouts;
• no faxing, scanning or copying service;
• no wireless printing;
• returns only accepted via book drop
• no access to water fountains.
In an effort to address the digital divide in the county, the library now provides free parking lot Wi-Fi at the Brooklyn Park, Deale, Edgewater, Glen Burnie and Odenton libraries and temporarily offers 10 free pages of printing per day, per person.
Free Wi-Fi is also available in all branches.