Anne Arundel County opened warming centers to help residents escape the cold temperatures.
The centers will be open Monday until 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, January 2.
The following locations will be available to provide warming relief:
- Northern District: 939 Hammonds Lane, Baltimore
- Eastern District: 204 Pasadena Rd, Pasadena
- Western District: 8273 Telegraph Road, Odenton
- Southern District: 35 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater
All centers will have water and restrooms but will not have medical care available. No pets are allowed unless they are service animals. Residents requiring transportation to any warming center should contact Office of Transportation Monday through Friday 8:30a.m. to 4:00p.m., at 410-222-0022.
Anne Arundel County Public Libraries will be designated as warming centers but they will be closed on Monday, January 1, 2018. On January 2, 2018, the libraries will be designated from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Annapolis Regional Library: 1410 West Street, Annapolis
- Broadneck Community Library: 1275 Green Holly Drive, Annapolis
- Brooklyn Park Community Library: 1 East 11th Avenue, Baltimore
- Crofton Community Library: 1681 Riedel Road, Crofton
- Deale Community Library: 5940 Deale-Churchton Road, Deale
- Eastport-Annapolis Neck Community Library: 269 Hillsmere Drive, Annapolis
- Edgewater Community Library: 25 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater
- Glen Burnie Regional Library: 1010 Eastway, Glen Burnie
- Linthicum Community Library: 400 Shipley Road, Linthicum
- Maryland City at Russett Community Library: 3501 Russett Common, Laurel
- Mountain Road Community Library: 4730 Mountain Road, Pasadena
- Odenton Regional Library: 1325 Annapolis Road, Odenton
- Riviera Beach Community Library: 1130 Duvall Highway, Pasadena
- Severn Community Library: 2624 Annapolis Road, Severn
- Severna Park Community Library: 45 West McKinsey Road, Severna Park