A preliminary investigation launched after a Texas A&M University student was found unresponsive at a fraternity house has found that the teen died of a drug overdose, police said.
Four people have now been arrested as a result of the incident.
The unidentified 19-year-old was found early Saturday at the Sigma Nu fraternity and was later pronounced dead at the hospital, College Station police said in a statement, according to KTVT.
It wasn’t immediately clear what the student had ingested.
After discovering other drugs inside the house, four other men were arrested for possession: Michael Frymire, 20, Ty Robertson, 21, Samuel Patterson, 21, and Christian Sandford, 18.
Four were arrested after a Texas A&M student died of an apparent drug overdose at a fraternity house. https://t.co/lplp6OWzeZ
— CBSDFW (@CBSDFW) August 21, 2016
Others were reportedly cited for having drug paraphernalia.
Sigma Nu’s national office issued a statement noting that it would assist authorities with the investigation, KTVT reports.
“Our hearts are filled with sorrow as we grieve the loss of this young man,” said Sigma Nu Executive Director Brad Beacham. “Our thoughts, prayers and deepest condolences are with his family and loved ones. We appreciate the immediate support and care the Texas A&M community is providing during this very difficult time. We will be working with Texas A&M officials to provide as much continuing support as possible to those affected. The Fraternity will assist, however possible, with the investigation by local authorities. At the appropriate time, the Fraternity and University will complete their own investigations.”