BALTIMORE (WMAR) — Fourteen Maryland residents are currently being tested for new cases of coronavirus.
So far no one has tested positive in Maryland, while 17 have tested negative.
Though Governor Larry Hogan has said there is no immediate health threat in Maryland, on Thursday he submitted his FY2021 supplemental budget which requests $10 million to prepare for the virus.
Earlier in the week, Maryland's Department of Health released two public service announcements on how the state is preparing for the virus, and how citizens can best protect themselves.
“We want all Marylanders to know that we’re closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and are working with our federal, state and local partners to help keep you safe and healthy,” said MDH Secretary Robert R. Neall. “But everyone can play a role in preparedness — stay informed and use every day healthy habits to limit your exposure to illness.”