Amazon has announced its annual day for offering big deals during the summer, and said customers can expect more than 100,000 Lightning Deals.
The date of Amazon Prime Day — offering deals and free shipping exclusively to Amazon Prime members — is July 11, 2017. But deals are actually slated to begin by 9 p.m. Eastern the day before, Amazon announced.
Here are things to know about Amazon Prime Day this year:
• Deals will be in three main categories: Missed, upcoming and available.
• If you miss a deal, there is usually a waiting list for customers in case others who order an item cancel it.
• The "Available Deals" will have a countdown showing when deals will go live.
• Items in limited quantities will be the best deals and tend to sell out in minutes (if not seconds).
• Those with an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot "will have access to exclusive Alexa Prime Day voice shopping deals," Amazon said.
Tips to prepare:
• Get your Prime membership ahead of time in case deals go on even earlier than expected. Amazon Prime offers a free 30-day trial with no obligation to continue it, and cancelation can happen at any time.
• Enable 1-Click Ordering in your account settings to speed up the purchase process.
• Download the Amazon app and watch for deals. The app will walk you through steps for notifications.
• Make a list of things you need, and think ahead to back-to-school shopping and holiday shopping.
• Before the shopping day, visit smile.amazon.com to find your favorite charity and shop through the Amazon Smile program to help the charity of your choice.