GLEN BURNIE, Md. — A gas leak forced customers and staff at the MVA in Glen Burnie to evacuate Thursday morning.
It happened around 10:30am at the branch on Ritchie Highway.
The leak was reportedly caused by a damaged gas main on the parking lot of the building, which is currently under construction.
Within a couple hours, following an inspection, BGE and the Anne Arundel County Fire Department gave the incident an all clear.
As a precaution, the MVA remained closed the rest of the day, with plans to reopen Friday.
Customers who had their appointments impacted, will be contacted to reschedule.