BALTIMORE COUNTY — Baltimore County Police charged three suspects in a string of commercial armed robberies in the Catonsville area since mid-November.
31-year-old Louis Matthew Obermaier Jr, 31-year-old Darren Charles Coppersmith, and 37-year-old Victoria Anne Valianti are all charged with armed robbery, robbery, first degree assault and theft for their involvement in five separate commercial armed robberies that occurred between November 19 and 30 in Baltimore County.
Police say all five robberies were conducted under similar circumstances, with one or more of the suspects entering the business at varying times of the day, approaching the clerk at the check-out counter, threatening the clerk with a knife and demanding cash and, in some cases, cigarettes.
These armed robberies were committed at the following businesses:
- 7-Eleven in the 400 block of Frederick Road, 21228 on November 19
- 7-Eleven in the 400 block of Frederick Road, 21228 on November 29
- CVS in the 4700 block of Wilkens Avenue, 21228 on November 29
- Royal Farms in the 4000 block of Wilkens Avenue, 21229 on November 30
- Dunkin Donuts in the 1400 block of Old Frederick Road, 21228 on November 30
Detectives identified the three suspects after they robbed Dunkin Donuts on Nov. 30.
All three were located staying together at Rodeway Inn in the 1400 block of Bloomfield Avenue, where they were taken into custody the same day.
Obermaier, Coppersmith and Valianti all remain held on no bond status following bail review hearings on Wednesday.