COCKEYSVILLE, Md. — Five suspected MS-13 affiliated gang members have been charged in connection to a missing 16-year-old girl's murder.
The body of Gabriela Ardon was discovered May 29, by someone walking the Merryman Trail near the Loch Raven Reservoir.
Baltimore County detectives believe the suspects lured Ardon to the park, and killed her for being associated with a rival gang.
At first investigators had trouble identifying Ardon, so they released photos of tattoos on her arms.
Her family happened to come across the pictures and called Baltimore County detectives.
Turns out Ardon was reported missing out of New York prior to her murder.
Here are the names of the five suspects. One is a minor and is being charged as an adult. Police say they were already in custody for other crimes.
- Jonathan J. Pesquera-Puerto,19, of the 600 block of S. Newkirk Street, 21224
- Edys O. Valenzuella-Rodriguez, 20, of the 2000 block of Dundalk Avenue, 21222
- Wualter Hernandez-Orellana, 19, no fixed address
- Asael Ezequie Gonzalez-Merlos,16, of the 800 block of Baltimore Street, 21202
- Wilson Art Constanza-Galdomez, 21, no fixed address
All five are being held at the Baltimore County Detention Center on a no bail status.