ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WMAR) — With Maryland's 441st General Assembly set to begin on January 8, House Speaker Adrienne A. Jones has appointed new committee chairs and vice-chairs.
“I am pleased to appoint such a talented and diverse set of house members to leadership positions for the upcoming legislative session,” said Speaker Jones. “As a group they represent the proven leadership and undeniable potential of our entire Democratic House Caucus and I’m confident they’ll be up for the challenges ahead," said Jones.
Below is a list of the Delegates named to new leadership positions.
- Deputy Speaker Pro Tem: Delegate Bonnie Cullison
- Assistant Speaker Pro Tem: Delegate Diana Fennell
- Parliamentarian: Delegate Jheanelle Wilkins
- Appropriations Vice Chairman: Delegate Michael Jackson
- Rules and Executive Nominations Vice Chair: Delegate Marvin Holmes
- Ways and Means Vice Chairman: Delegate Alonzo Washington
- Protocol Committee Chairman: Delegate Andrea Harrison
- Spending Affordability Committee: Delegate Geraldine Valentino-Smith, Chair
- Appropriations Capital Subcommittee: Delegate Mark Chang, Chair/ Delegate Ben Barnes, Vice Chair
- Appropriations Pension Subcommittee: Delegate Michael Jackson, Chair
- Appropriations Public Safety Administration Subcommittee: Delegate Keith Haynes, Chair; Delegate Susie Proctor, Vice Chair
- Economic Matters Alcohol Subcommittee: Delegate Talmadge Branch, Chair/ Delegate Jay Walker, Vice Chair
- Economic Matters Banking and Consumer Protection Subcommittee: Delegate Pam Queen, Chair
- Ways and Means Early Childhood Subcommittee: Delegate Eric Ebersole, Chair
- Ways and Means Education Subcommittee: Delegate Alonzo Washington, Chair
- Ways and Means Election Law Subcommittee: Delegate Nick Mosby, Chair
- Ways and Means Racing & Gaming Subcommittee: Delegate Edith Patterson, Chair
- Ways and Means Revenue Subcommittee: Delegate Eric Luedtke, Chair
The following legislators have been appointed to standing committees.
- Delegate Cathi Forbes: APP
- Delegate-nominee Mike Griffith: JUD
- Delegate Wayne Hartman: WM
- Delegate Carl Jackson: ECM
- Delegate Jay Walker: ECM
- Delegate Nicole Williams: JUD