BALTIMORE — Children and their families at Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital had the chance to celebrate Halloween in their own special way Wednesday.
Spirit Halloween hosted the party, which included costumes, games, music and crafts, as part of the Spirit of Children program, which has raised more than $55 million for Child Life Departments across North America.
Their goal this year is $10 million.
Through that program, Spirit Halloween hosts nearly 100 Halloween parties at hospitals all over the nation, so children who normally wouldn’t be able to celebrate Halloween, can despite being in the hospital.
All donations collected during the event, benefit Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital’s Child Life Department, which helps make the hospital experience easier and more comfortable for young patients and their families by providing all non-medical treatment and healing through play.
To date, the Spirit of Children Program has raised more than $329,180 for Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital.
Here is a list of local Spirit Halloween locations donating to Spirit of Children this year.
- Columbia: 10300 Little Patuxent Pkwy (Former Sears), Columbia, MD 21044
• Laurel: 3321 Corridor Marketplace (Near Panera Bread and Cakes Plus), Laurel, MD 20724
• Odenton: 1119 Annapolis Rd (Near Pet Supplies Plus and Subway), Odenton, MD 21113
• Park 97: 7992 Crain Hwy S (Between Tractor Supply and Gabe's), Glen Burnie, MD 21061
• Bowie: 15700 Emerald Way (Former Sears), Bowie, MD 20716
• Bel Air: 585 Marketplace Dr (Former Walgreens by Target), Bel Air, MD 21014