NewsLocal News


Victims, cause identified in fatal Maryland house fire

Posted at 8:15 AM, Nov 28, 2017

Investigators in a Maryland suburb of Washington say a malfunctioning electrical outlet caused a house fire that killed a woman and her adult son.

A spokesman for Prince George's County Fire said in a statement Monday that there were no working fire alarms in the Temple Hills house that burned on Nov. 15.

Officials say 83-year-old Louvenia Goldson and her son, 62-year-old Eugene Goldson, who lived in the home, died at a hospital after being removed from the basement of the home.

Anyone who in Prince George's County needs a working smoke alarm but cannot afford or install one is urged to call 311.

A firefighter will install a smoke alarm for free.