FREDERICK, Md. — With heavy rains falling overnight into the morning, Frederick Police are warning commuters to avoid certain roadways in the city that are experiencing heavy flooding.
As of 8 a.m., police warned of flooding in several locations, listing 16 specific streets but hedging that these might not represent all the roads that may be impassable, and that side streets may be dealing with similar saturation.
Police told drivers to avoid:
- N. Market Street from 8th to Routzahns Way
- W. Patrick between Hoke and Hillcrest
- W. Patrick is closed between Kline and Catoctin
- Highland Avenue
- 400 block of E. Patrick Street
- Pennsylvania Avenue
- Shookstown near Waverley Elementary
- Opposumtown at Governor Thomas Johnson High School
- Hamilton Avenue
- N. Market at Schifferstadt
- Hunting Horn Lane
- College at Flemming
- Montevue Lane, by the County Depot
- Rosemont at Wilson
- W. College at Flemming
- Carroll Parkway
The police are updating residents on Twitter with images and lists of affected roadways.